Today, at FICS, tjradd(SR) gave some golden tips towards taking your chess to the next level. Here they are:
- Do at least 10 tactics puzzles on chesstempo.com every day. When you get a problem wrong, go through it SLOWLY and figure out what you missed.
- Stop playing all forms of blitz
- Study GM games
- Establish an opening repertoire, understand the themes and main plans
- Study your own games carefully, and if possible with stronger players
- Study all “fundamental” end games.
All wonderful suggestions. I am going to work on them now. Here’s my current situation/progress against each point:
- This is something I need to start.
- I need to stop blitz immediately.
- Past month or two, been watching a lot of GM games. Helped a lot.
- Due to the T49 at Team League, I’ve studied a few more openings now. Need to work more.
- Thanks to spendius and sirpicha on FICS, I’ve studied my games on a regular basis.
- Thanks to tjradd again, I’ll now get started with his endgame primer.
Do you have any other tips?