Very soon, we all will be mature and morose enough not to act dumb or randomly. Let us take this opportunity to do some crazy things that we’ll remember forever. 🙂
I feel sad at times to look back on things to realize what all we could do before and cannot now.
- We could bunk classes, we can’t bunk office.
- We could hang out with friends, we can’t any longer.
- We could chat with friends on the phone almost daily, now once a week feels frequent.
- We could get the bikes and hit the road, pick buddies from their homes and go on trips. Now we need to plan months in advance.
- We could say/do dumb things all day, now we better get our act together (we are professionals).
- We could blow up all pocket money on food/drinks in one shot, now we better save to ensure sustenance till end of month.
- We could go on college fests, take part in contests. But now, we just have meetings to attend in office.
- We could go to movies (even if 1 hour later than the start) any time, any day we wanted to. Now we have to wait for the weekends, and might still not have company of enough good friends.
Life has become more serious than ever before. 2.5 years into the professional life, I feel things are going to get further downhill from now. The fun days are behind us. Period.